Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 10 Lab

Today we did some interesting stuff in the lab. As usual every team told what progress they have made. John form our team has updated the information to the whole class. We later were divided amongst out teams. We have assigned some jobs for ourselves to code. John and myself decided to code for the master page.  The way how the page looks and some other similar stuff. We were working mainly on the database. Xing and Vashisht decided to code for the "forgot password." I mean what exactly should happen when you click the forgot password button. Jay and Jason were working on the login page.

I personally studied some information about the SQL database as I am new to it. I have also watched some videos where I can get some quality information of how stuff is done in SQL. I have stared using the windows laptop that EPICS have given me because it is very easy for me to use a window system than a MAC for the things that I do in EPICS. Earlier, I used to have Windows on my Mac, but I started facing some problems with that,so I switched to Windows for EPICS.
I have also downloaded the Vertrigo server  to use phomyadmin. I think most of you know what it is but just in case you don't know,it is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
 One can view how their tables will look in the database. It is very helpful because you can first test your changes on this site and then if the result is what you wanted you can implement them on your database directly. If you feel that you didn't get the desired result you might try doing different things that will get your desired result and then implement on your database. By following this way you can avoid mistakes on your original site. You will not mess up with your database. For more information about phpmyadmin refer to http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

We have completed partially the task that we were assigned. We did some coding for the master page.

No comments:

Post a Comment