Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Skill sessions

I have attended three skill sessions till date. One of them is about Patents, other was about Web-masters and the Database and Normalizations by William. I found the web-masters very interesting. 
1) Patent skill session:
The Patent skill session was about how to search for the patents and if you want to know which product has how many patents , you can see it(restricted to United States). There are a list of various objects in the website. For more information refer  http://www.uspto.gov/ 

2) Web-masters skill session:
The webmaster skill session was very interesting. We had to work on Adobe dream weaver , but there were only eleven permissions for the Adobe , so the first eleven students could get the access of dream weaver on that day. I was a bit late in opening the application , so I was in queue. It was a skill session for the web masters but since I was interested in all the information related to web, I went for the session

3) Database and Normalization:
 This was a session that didn't require registration. It was taken by our TA- William. The session was all about the basic information about the database and Normalization. We went deep into Normalization. we discussed different types of Normalization and how discussed some real life examples. There were only four people in the session but it was quite informative and interesting. I learnt many new things that day.

So this is all about my skill session I have attended till date.

No comments:

Post a Comment